- 1/2 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tablespoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning
- 2 lbs lean beef brisket, eye−of−round or flank steak,
trimmed completely of fat and cut across grain into
slices 1/4 inch thick
To aid in slicing meat thinly, freeze the meat slightly until ice crystals are formed. Blend all ingredients except meat in small bowl. Dip each piece
of meat into marinade, coating well. Place in shallow dish. Pour remaining marinade over top, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Oven method: Preheat oven to lowest setting (about 130F). Place several layers of paper towels on baking sheets. Arrange meat in single layer on prepared sheets and cover with additional toweling. Flatten meat with rolling pin. Discard towels and set meat directly on oven racks, with foil below to catch any drips. Let dry 8 to 12 hours (depending on temperature of oven).
Dehydrator method: Arrange meat on trays in single layer and dehydrate 10 to 12 hours, depending on thickness. Store jerky in plastic bags or in tightly covered containers in cool, dry area.